Home Blog

Thiago Silva considers South Korea game difficult in World Cup last-16

0
Thiago Silva considers South Korea game difficult in World Cup last-16
Bildbyrån

Thiago Silva stressed that the South Korea game will be a tricky one.

Chelsea star Thiago Silva is currently in Brazil and his side reached into the round of 16. Ahead of their clash with  South Korea in Qatar, Brazil center-back Thiago Silva said that he holds much respect for the Korean team and stressed that the game will be a tricky one.

The 38-year-old defender explained: “This game is very difficult. We know the quality of South Korea, they’re a team who like to play on the front foot and like to have the ball. We have to minimize their momentum to qualify and we’ll have to work hard for it.

The last game against them [a 5-1 friendly win for Brazil in June] has nothing to do with a round of 16 game at a World Cup. It’s a very difficult game and all I can say is that we’ll be prepared… Today, we’re physically fit to face this tough game with Korea, we can’t think it will be easy… they went through a super difficult group and what we should do is respect the opponent and play a great game.”

Thiago Silva would look to get his hands on the World Cup trophy. Brazil have been the top side so far. They won their first two games against Serbia and Switzerland but, they were beaten late on by Cameroon in their final group game. They made into the next round with 6 points.

See More:

Chelsea star Christian Pulisic open to leaving Stamford Bridge

0
Chelsea star Christian Pulisic open to leaving Stamford Bridge (CFC)
Bildbyrån

Pulisic was instrumental in the United States’ progression into the last 16 at the World Cup.

According to journalist Simon Phillips, Chelsea star Christian Pulisic is ‘open to leaving’ Stamford Bridge, but the club want to hold discussions about his contract after his return from the World Cup.

The winger is currently playing in Qatar, having been included in the United States’ squad for the showpiece tournament.

There is growing uncertainty over Pulisic’s long-term future as he will enter the final 18 months of his Chelsea contract at the turn of the year.

Newcastle and Manchester United are following the situation of the 24-year-old, after initially making enquiries in August, as per the Daily Mail. Arsenal are also making interest in Chelsea player.

Spanish sources have added that Pulisic also has admirers in Italy as Inter Milan and Juventus are further clubs mulling over whether to head to the negotiating table.

Chelsea are unwilling to entertain loan proposals, as reported by MailOnline, but the American is still expected to make a permanent move away from Stamford Bridge when the transfer window reopens in January.

Pulisic was instrumental in the United States’ progression into the last 16 at the World Cup. He was taken to hospital after sustaining a pelvic injury while scoring the winner against Iran on Tuesday, according to The Guardian.

Phillips told GIVEMESPORT: “I think he’s open to leaving. He’s definitely made that clear.

“But, right now, he’s focusing on the World Cup. When he gets back, Chelsea are going to have a conversation with him about the 2024 contract because that’s when it runs out.”

However, the American has struggled to produce his best form since the campaign got underway, scoring three goals in 18 appearances.

See More:

Mason Mount told he would be a ‘perfect fit’ for Liverpool

0
Mason Mount told he would be a 'perfect fit' for Liverpool

Mason Mount is currently in Qatar with the England squad.

The 23-year-old has been a regular under both former managers Thomas Tuchel and Frank Lampard.

His current deal with Chelsea expires in the summer of 2024 and is rumoured to have been offered £200,000 a week by the Blues.

Many believe Mount would suit Klopp’s high-octane midfield style at Liverpool and even Danny Murphy urges the Chelsea academy star to decide on his future.

“It’s a difficult one and you need to know your place at times, understand where you’re at in your career,” Murphy spoke to Vibe with Five most recently. ”When I was at Liverpool I knew what other people were earning and stuff but I was happy with where I was at. But it depends on your representation, depends if you’ve got someone who is logical, sensible.”

”He’s playing week in, week out at one of the biggest clubs, who are going to challenge you’d think with the money they’re spending. So, I think that’ll get done [his contract], I’m just surprised it’s come to this point, he’s been linked with Liverpool – he’d be perfect for Liverpool – but if he doesn’t sign there would be plenty who’d take him.”

 

See More: Top five highest paid Chelsea players

Fabrizio Romano provides update on Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante’s future

0
Fabrizio Romano provides update on Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante’s future

It was always going to be a difficult task in finding a replacement for Kante.

Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano has provided an update on Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante’s future via his Twitter account.

The journalist has claimed that there is a huge chance that the Frenchman could leave Stamford Bridge as a free agent next summer.

Kante’s contract will expire next summer. While talks have been going on between the club and the player, no agreement has been reached so far. It is reported that the 31-year-old would like to stay at the West London club.

The French international joined Chelsea in 2016 from Leicester City. He has won every available trophy with the club except the Carabao Cup. Chelsea fall short of this trophy last season after losing to Liverpool in the final.

The 31-year-old has struggled to stay fit throughout the season. He had a glorious career with the Blues in past but now, the story is different.

The French midfielder has appeared twice this season and he was last seen in a 2-2 draw against Tottenham Hotspur in August. The 31-year-old was also not even included in the World Cup squad for France.

It was always going to be a difficult task in finding a replacement for Kante. But till such an alternative is found, it will be wise to keep the player in the team. The Blues would be wise to offer a short contract with the option to extend for another year.

See More:

Chelsea scouting Bayer Leverkusen defender Jeremie Frimpong

0
Chelsea scouting Bayer Leverkusen defender Jeremie Frimpong
Bildbyrån

Chelsea have scouted Frimpong in recent years and are still doing so now under new owners Todd Boehly and Clearlake.

Journalist Simon Phillips, Chelsea have been scouting Bayer Leverkusen defender Jeremie Frimpong.

The Dutch youngster has been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge, and Phillips admits the Blues have been watching him for a few seasons now.

One month back in October, FootballTransfers claimed that Chelsea were interested in Frimpong.

The west London club could face competition for his signature, with the same outlet reporting that rivals Manchester United are also taking interest in the player.

Chelsea manager Graham Potter currently has Reece James and Cesar Azpilicueta as the right-back options.

Reece James has been out with a knee injury, while the skipper of Chelsea is not getting any younger. It is not a surprise to hear that the West London club are interested in a player like Frimpong.

Phillips has told GIVEMESPORT that Chelsea have scouted Frimpong in recent years and are still doing so now under new owners Todd Boehly and Clearlake.

Speaking to GMS, the journalist said: “I think it’s a position that Chelsea will address in the summer rather than January, but they are starting to look at targets. Jeremie Frimpong is on there.

“Chelsea have scouted him a few times in recent seasons and they’ve stepped that up again now under the new ownership.”

The 21-year-old has netted five goals in 15 league appearances for Leverkusen this season, which is pretty impressive for a player of his position.

If Chelsea do want to sign a new right-back in January or next summer, which looks necessary, then Frimpong is a player who is definitely worth considering.

See More:

Christian Pulisic’s injury not a concern anymore

0
Christian Pulisic's injury not a concern anymore
Bildbyran

Christian Pulisic’s injury need to be assessed before the Netherlands match on Saturday.

The Chelsea winger has suffered a pelvic contusion in the game where USA beat Iran 1-0 as Pulisic scored the only goal of the game.

Manager Gregg Berhalter revealed that the USMNT winger is on track to recover in time for the Saturday game against Netherlands.

“We’re going to see him on the training field today,” Berhalter said at the Friday news conference. “What I think is it looks pretty good but we’ll have to see him today on the pitch to get confirmation of that.”

The 24-year-old told the media he would do everything in his power to play but won’t be able to entire 90 minutes.

“I’m going to do everything in my power, with this staff and medical team, to make sure that however long I can be out on that field, I’ll be out there giving my 110 percent no matter what,” he said.

“Because I owe it to this game, I owe it to this team, I owe it to the country back home. I’m going to do everything I can.”

 

See More: Top 5 Chelsea Transfer Targets List 2022: News Now Today!

Kai Havertz feels Germany’s elimination was like a horror movie

0
Kai Havertz feels Germany's elimination was like a horror movie
Bildbyran

Kai Havertz heartbroken after Germany’s World Cup exit.

The four-time winners were crashed out of the tournament after Japan’s surprising 2-1 win over Spain last night.

Even though Germany beat Costa Rica 4-2 last night, Spain progressed ahead of Germany on goal difference.

Chelsea midfielder Kai Havertz explains how his team discovered their fate during the game against Costa Rica.

“When it happens this way, it feels like watching like a horror movie,” said Havertz.

“We learned during the match that Japan were leading, and then the rankings were displayed in the stadium. We still had a little hope that Spain would score.

“But then we noticed that the Japan match was over.”

The 23-year-old tells that things are not working out for German football for the past several years.

“When you go out twice in the first round and once in the round of 16, it’s extremely bitter.

“We have to be honest and say that for four years, everything hasn’t been going well.

“Now we’ve been knocked out twice in the group stage. I don’t think we’re a tournament team anymore.”

 

See More: Top five highest paid Chelsea players

David James explains why Jordan Pickford should join Man United over Chelsea

0
David James explains why Jordan Pickford should join Man United over Chelsea
Bildbyrån

Pickford is the first-choice goalkeeper for England and his club Everton.

Former Liverpool goalkeeper David James has explained why Jordan Pickford would prefer to join Manchester United over Chelsea.

The North London club have been linked with a move for the Englishman with Graham Potter considering selling both Kepa Arrizabalaga and Edouard Mendy. The former has become the number one for the club after having lost that place to Mendy a few years back.

Manchester United too are looking for a new goalkeeper with current first-choice David de Gea in his 30s and prone to an error every now and then.

Speaking to GG Recon (h/t Metro), the former Reds keeper explained why a move to United over Chelsea would make sense for the Everton keeper.

“It’s a no-brainer for me that he’s good enough to play for a team such as Chelsea or Manchester City. Would he go to Chelsea? Kepa has shown that he’s capable of being a top player in a top team. “Why not Manchester United? Jordan Pickford plays for Everton and Manchester United are just down the road. If he went there, his off-field disruption would be minimal compared to whether he moved down to London.”

Pickford is the first-choice goalkeeper for England and is currently, playing for the Three Lions in World Cup 2022. The 28-year-old keeper helped England to reach into the semifinals of the last World Cup and also saw the Three Lions in Euro 2020 final.

Everton have been flirting with relegation for the past couple of seasons and Pickford would be better off competing for silverware elsewhere. While both Chelsea and United are currently undergoing a transformation, both the clubs can still offer him a chance of winning trophies.

David James believes Jordan Pickford should join Manchester United over Chelsea.

It would be a surprise if Everton allow their first-choice keeper to leave mid-season, but if Chelsea can come up with a concrete offer, then anything can happen.

See More:

Chelsea defender Marc Cucurella expresses his desire to play for Barcelona

0
Chelsea defender Marc Cucurella expresses his desire to play for Barcelona
Bildbyrån

If Cucurella wants to play for Barcelona, he might well start stitching performances in at Chelsea first anyway.

Chelsea defender Marc Cucurella has expressed his desire to play for Barcelona.

While talking on Catalunya Radio (h/t Metro), the Blues defender Marc Cucurella has expressed his desire and says he would love to play for Barcelona one day.

The former Brighton player arrived at Stamford Bridge this summer for a whopping fee of £63m. He has yet to settle into new surroundings.

The 24-year-old is a product of the Barcelona academy before he moved to Getafe, followed by a switch to Brighton in August 2021.

Here’s what he said regarding his desire to return to Barcelona one day (h/t Metro):

“I didn’t get the chance to really play for Barcelona and I’ve always been gutted about that. In the end, if I had the chance in future, I would value it, it would be very nice.”

If the 24-year-old wants to play for Barcelona, he might well start stitching performances in at Chelsea first anyway. He is working under a manager Graham Potter who brought him to England in the first place. So, the comfort of understanding what the boss wants from him must be there.

Graham Potter and Cucurella would be hoping to start well when the league season resumes on 27th December with a game against Bournemouth. We could do by seeing more of the Spaniard first before getting angry at his Barcelona comments.

See More:

Thiago Silva is keen to prove his doubters wrong

0
Thiago Silva is keen to prove his doubters wrong
Bildbyran

Thiago Silva was questioned about his Chelsea move in 2020.

The Brazilian defender has led his national side with an unbeaten start to the tournament.

He also captained the Chelsea side on several occasions and is seemingly enjoying his time in the Premier League.

Silva said to TribalFootball: “It was a tough time when I left PSG.

“Although I was sure my qualities were intact, I know that others doubted me and whether the decision to switch to Chelsea was the right one. It culminated in us winning the Champions League in 2021. It was the perfect way to disprove people who doubted.”

Silva has entered the final year of his Chelsea contract and the Blues would likely want to offer him a contract extension.

“I can tell you that what is important is to continue playing at a high level and help the team to achieve the best possible results,” said Silva ahead of the World Cup. “For sure, there will be a time when we need to talk, it could be before the World Cup or after the World Cup because I need to know whether I will have a new contract with Chelsea for my family arrangements.

“If I don’t have a new contract, I will have to decide what to do. For my family it’s an important decision. We will see what happens.”

 

See More: Top 5 Chelsea Transfer Targets List 2022: News Now Today!