Sarri has full belief in his 4-3-3 formation
Chelsea have been pretty average in the Premier League of late but manager Maurizio Sarri has made it clear that he is likely to stick with his preferred 4-3-3 formation until his players are ready for a tactical change.
Sarri has come under criticism in recent weeks for the lacklustre performances of Jorginho, with his former Napoli playmaker looking tired and fatigued in the 2-1 victory against Newcastle last week.
However, Sarri, who has full faith in his tactics, reiterated that his team is not yet ready for a tactical change, emphasizing the need to bolster the midfield options following Cesc Fabregas’s departure to Monaco.
Ahead of Saturday’s game at Arsenal, Sarri said: “We are not ready to change at the moment.
“I can change when we are at 100 per cent in what I want to see. If in 4-3-3, we are at the top, we can try to change.
“Like in Naples last season, when we played in the last period also in 4-2-3-1. But not at the moment. We are not ready.”
“Maybe in the last two matches, he was a little bit tired,” Sarri said. “He moved the ball a little bit [more] slowly than before, but I think that it’s normal.
Sarri, though, has stated that his sole focus remains on getting the best out of his players on the training ground and in the matches.
“I want to spend my energy on the pitch, otherwise for me, it is a problem.
“In England, we have to play every few days – If I spend 50 per cent of my mental energy on something different, then I am in trouble on the pitch.
“Everyone knows my opinion and I am confident the club is working. I am not able to understand why I have to get involved.”
When asked about the club’s recent dip in the performance curve, Sarri said: “(Callum) Hudson-Odoi is improving, (Ethan) Ampadu is improving, David (Luiz) has returned to the top level, (Ross) Barkley has improved.
“So, we are improving.”
See also:- Chelsea not ready to rest Jorginho – Sarri